The majority of homeowners do not think about the inner workings of a refrigerator before it breaks down, or unless it is time to buy a new model. In order to get the most from this important appliance it can be extremely useful to understand how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cold—and Reliable Redding Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn everything you will want to understand concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it is the right time to reach out to refrigerator repair Redding.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find too many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a standard appliance for many years. A refrigerator can store your food and drinks at the right temperature, to stop rotting and stop the growth of bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by moving the warmth from the inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, by using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main components of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Reliable Redding Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a pump and motor, and it is responsible for circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. You should call a professional company if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is located on the back exterior wall of the appliance and will help to emit the warmth absorbed from inside the refrigerator then out into the air.
A evaporator is housed in the interior of a refrigerator where absorbs the warmth held within it, effectively reducing the interior temperature.
Once an evaporator is not working, it’s time to enlist a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquid refrigerant is transferred within a capillary tube which works as an expansion device as it cools the gas, thereby turning the gas back into a liquid.
The thermostat will regulate the current temperature within the refrigerator, beginning the cooling cycle when appropriate.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to issues. Troubleshoot and call a repairman in Redding for service the moment an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator rises above the set point sensors signal the compressor to start, and then the next cooling period begins. The refrigerator collects the cool liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor guides the hot gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the refrigerator, where it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the kitchen and returns to a liquified state.
3. The cooled liquified gas then continues on its trip to the refrigerator evaporator, traveling through the coils in the interior of the refrigerator and top freezer.
4. The coolant then absorbs the warm air from inside the refrigerator, cooling the temperature until it has reached the correct set point.
5. The coolant then evaporates, and will return back to a gas state, and then returns to the compressor to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is used in several applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing heat from one place and then distributing it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration helps cooling your home, creates a safe environment for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of many different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require repair? You can schedule an appointment with Reliable Redding Appliance Repair.
Reliable Redding Appliance Repair will service most standard brands of refrigerators – includes commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed service technicians in Redding undergo training to fix issues with cooling, ice makers, condensation, puddles and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart technology and other malfunctions. We know all about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working